9th September - 21st October
Mondays (& 1 Wednesday)
19:30 - 20:45
For pregnant women from 14 weeks pregnant.
€100 - 8 week Pregnancy Yoga
€135 - 8 week Pregnancy Yoga & Pregnancy Shiatsu Massage
Join this 8-week Yoga for Pregnancy course to learn techniques and exercises that will assist you in your pregnancy & labour.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Specific techniques to ease tension and complaints arising from pregnancy
- Breathing techniques for contractions, labour & birth
- Movements and exercises to ease pain and discomfort
- Excercises to gently tone and strengthen the body
- Techniques to assist the optimal foetal position of the baby for a natural birth
- Relaxation & baby bonding techniques
- Pelvic Floor strengthening and relaxing techniques
The course uses Birthlight pregnancy yoga as it's basis. Birthlight is an Internationally acclaimed pregnancy & well woman yoga organisation that strives to enable women to give birth with minimal intervention, whilst acknowledging this may not be possible for all. Physical and emotional health of mother and baby throughout pregnancy is prioritised, so that you can approach labour & birth with confidence and knowledge.
Emma Michael has been practicing yoga for over 20 years. She has 5 Teacher Training qualifications, a diploma in Shiatsu Therapy, a degree in Psychology and is a Board Member of the NGO Birth Forward - Cyprus. Emma is a mother herself and gave birth in Cyprus. She is passionate about educating women in techniques that empower autonomy and confidence in birth. She is a qualified Birthlight Perinatal teacher, and a Shiatsu Therapist specialising in pre and postnatal care, running the course at her studio, The Centre, Nicosia.