For new mums 6-weeks post birth until your baby starts crawling
Tuesdays 16:30 - 17:30
10th September - 29th October
Join this 8 week Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga course to assist you in your recovery from pregnancy and birth. To reconnect with your body, and bond with your baby.
YOU WILL LEARN:
* Specific techniques to regain core body strength
* Movements & breathing techniques aimed at re-knitting abdominal muscles and toning deep muscles of pelvis and lower back
* Specific pelvic floor breathing and movement techniques aimed to both strengthen and tone
* Movements and exercises to ease common shoulder, back and neck pain and discomfort
* Interactive mother and baby yoga moves which promote ‘active bonding’ in age appropriate ways
* Baby Yoga that can help to develop your little one's motor sensory development
* Relaxation & baby bonding techniques
* Sequences of exercises that you can practice at home
* Ways of inducing deeper sleep and reducing postnatal fatigue
Suitable for mothers who gave birth both vaginally and through C-Section.
The course uses Birthlight postnatal yoga as it's basis. Birthlight is an Internationally acclaimed well woman yoga organisation. Birthlight practices acknowledge the fact that a good postnatal recovery, whatever the birth experience, contributes significantly to each mother’s long term health and well-being and to her ability to bond deeply with her baby over time.
Emma Michael has been practicing yoga for over 20 years. She has 5 Teacher Training qualifications, a diploma in Shiatsu Therapy, a degree in Psychology and is a Board Member of the NGO Birth Forward - Cyprus. Emma is a mother herself and gave birth in Cyprus. She is passionate about educating women in techniques that empower autonomy and confidence in birth. She is a qualified Birthlight Perinatal teacher running the course at her studio, The Centre, Nicosia.